My dear readers, I have a problem.
As cliché as it sounds, I seem to suffer from ADD. Remember the scene from Julie & Julia where Julie proclaimed that the reason she sucked at housework – and would presumably suck at blogging – was because she had ADD? Yep, that’s me. Except that, on occasion, I have been known to sweep up piles of catahoula leopard hair off of the floor.
As you may (or may not) have noticed, it has been months since I last posted to Figs & Chèvre. Okay, so I did post a few guides the other day, but I’m talking about before that.
Jeepers, another one of those crazy little buggers just scurried by. Sorry. Now, where was I going with this?
Oh, yeah…the fact that I left you fabulous readers hanging so that I could start up a new blog about *drumroll* spreadsheets. Please hold your groans because the blog is actually quite beautiful. But yes, it is still about spreadsheets.
Well, after my lengthy hiatus and a helluva lot of soul searching, I am back. I am hungry. And this time I’m not going anywhere, if for no other reason than the fact that my blogging buddy bestie Sofia Habity might hunt me down if I do.
That being said, I have decided to change a few things.
Here is what you can expect from the revamped Figs & Chèvre:
- More words, fewer images. That’s because you don’t need to see a mise en place and pouring-milk-in-a-pan images with every single freakin’ post. Seriously, I have no idea why I ever thought that posting a bazillion stupid pictures made sense.
- Zero emphasis on manipulating you to trade your precious email address for a free download. If you want to receive my posts via email, you can, but aside from perhaps a weekly post round-up/newsletter email, you aren’t going to find me in your inbox.
- No more resource library – I’ve made everything available for download within the relevant posts or – for bigger things like ebooks and guides – in the Miscellany section.
- (Limited) guest blogging.
- A beautifully redesigned site complete with a recipe index for ease of use.
- No more random blogging categories that don’t fit in with this blog’s emphasis of channeling your inner domestic goddess.
- Blogging that is more authentic, less recipe focused, and emphasizes the interplay between food and life. Don’t get me wrong – most posts will still come with a recipe. It’s kind of like sex, though. There is the wham, bam, thank you ma’am quickie, and then there is the leisurely session that begins with substantial foreplay and lingers on into blissful oblivion…these days, I’ll be paying more attention to the oft-neglected latter.
I’ve made other changes, but they matter less.
That’s it for this post. Stay tuned for more recipes in the very near future.
If you have any suggestions, recipe requests, or the like, please comment below. Thanks so much 🙂
I’d love hearing from you. I’ve certainly missed y’all.