Hello Dear Readers!
I don’t know about you, but I can’t stand Google AdSense or flashy banner ads, sponsored posts, and spammy affiliate linking. In fact, I have unsubscribed from otherwise great blogs over excessive advertising. Yup, it really does make my skin crawl! That being said, I am not the slightest bit opposed to blogging for a living (duh!), and clearly the funds have to come from somewhere. Blogging is an expensive (and time consuming) hobby, after all!
Anyway, here is Figs & Chèvre’s monetization policy, which is subject to change. [Note that any changes to said policy will be notated below]:
- Affiliate linking* will be employed, provided that:
- It complements this site’s content;
- It is neither spammy nor excessive;
- It makes sense. In other words, I would have linked to the item even in absence of an affiliate program.
- In general, sponsored posts will not be allowed. An exception may occur if there is zero expectation of product promotion (e.g. “This post about cookbooks has been brought to you today by Brand X’s sriracha sauce.”), and said sponsorship will be fully exposed.
- In general, external ads will not be allowed. An exception may occur if I want to share an image of an affiliate’s product in a specific post.
- Given the nature of Figs & Chèvre, there will be times when it makes sense to review and promote products. While I am happy to receive donated items (especially photography equipment!), said donations will not influence my decision to positively review or otherwise promote any product. While I may choose to review a donated product, I will not accept any compensation beyond the donated item to do so. In other words, no agreement shall exist between me and any outside organization to promote its products, and any promotion will be solely the result of my own experience.
- I will promote my own products and services, and some of those products will include affiliate links if they are relevant to the product itself. For example, a detailed guide to setting up a beautiful WordPress blog may include affiliate links to the WordPress host I use myself and/or would use if I were to switch hosts (in this case, it’s WP Engine). I will NEVER employ affiliate linking to any product or service I wouldn’t personally use and/or fully endorse. I do not receive any additional compensation (such as free services) by recommending affiliates to you. My integrity is important!
If you have questions about this policy or want to send me free camera gear (I’m shameless, aren’t I?!), please contact me here or via snail mail: 2112 St Johns Ave Unit F, Highland Park, IL 60035. Thanks!
*I have an affiliate relationship with the following organizations or individuals, and will receive a commission should you purchase anything from them after clinking one of the links provided in this site: